The urban plan pursued the following purposes:
- the redevelopment of the productive fabric through the typological completion of the urbanized areas and the transformation of an area with a productive vocation, with the possibility of qualifying settlement;
- the construction of new structures was calibrated on specific local demand needs. The enhancement of production activities (commercial and / or tertiary as well as service crafts) to complete the industrial sector, has been able to determine an important increase in the employment offer in the area;
- the environmental recovery of the area subject to reclamation;
- the enhancement of the municipal cycle / pedestrian network perimeter of the sector and in synergy with the works envisaged as part of the "Waterway: Villoresi-Groane-Expo connection" project promoted by the Expo company, which envisaged the construction of a cycle and pedestrian path along the south bank of the Scolmatore canal;
- the reallocation of the ecological platform on an appropriately sized area.